The Sumo Squat
This wide-legged squat focuses on your butt & inner thighs. It’s a great exercise to add into your lower body workout routine for a little extra mobility and strengthening.
The sumo squat is a compound exercise (An exercise that involves two or more joint movements) with a deep range of motion. Engaging the entire lower half of the body, including the hips, glutes, quads, hamstrings, and calves. Sumo squats also work your core, shoulders, and back making them an excellent all-rounder!
- Stand with your feet 6-12 inches wider than your shoulders and point your toes outward at around a 45° angle.
- Keeping your weight in your heels, slowly lower your bodyweight down. Make sure that your knees do not go over your toes.
- Lower your hips until your thighs are at least parallel to the ground (or as close as you can get), then return to a standing position.
Did You Know?
Studies show the gluteus maximus is over 25% more engaged during deep squats than when squatting parallel!
Low pistol squat in our home gym. Awesome exercise for your legs, and even your core. I try for sets of 10 on each side, but I need to work on straightening that leg though!
Great move to get those legs in shape! #fitness #squat
Dumbbell Sumo Squat: Perfect for shaping your butt & inner thighs. The sumo squat works your entire lower body & engages your core, shoulders and back. A great all round exercise!
Tonights Glute/Hamstring workout…
1) Warm up - stiff-leg deadlifts 3 x 20
2) Stiff-leg deadlifts - 3 x 8-12
3) Wide stance smith squats - 4 x 8-12 (tip: butt back, feet out infront)
4) Hamstring curls - 3 x 8-12 & drop set to failure