Muscle tissue is more dense than fat , not heavier, so think about what a pound of apples would look like next to a pound of marshmallows, the marshmallows will take up much more space. Because a pound of muscle is smaller in size than a pound of fat (fat takes up about four times the space of muscle tissue), it’s possible to look and feel trimmer even if weight remains the same. Read more…
This is a great visual representation. Something we should all keep in mind.
Sore muscles? Try an ice cup massage! I can remember many teammates doing this my freshman year at track and was so confused. I finally rediscovered this amazing feeling when I started having knee problems and my coach recommended it!
Basically, if you haven’t done this before, you fill up a styrofoam cup a little less than half way with water and pop it in the freezer. A few hours later it will be frozen and you can peel off the sides of the cup and rub it anywhere it hurts, your calves, shins, quads, knees! It feels amazing and I would highly recommend it! (:
Make sure you do have a towel nearby because the ice melts quickly and can get a bit messy! As the ice melts further and further down you just peel off more of the sides until you are finished (:
Ice massages are great especially for shin splints. Just 3-5 minutes moving continuously over the affected area is all it takes!
Small dixie cups work too!
7 Ways to Reach Your Goals & Not Give Up
This can apply to fitness, health, work or just life in general.
- Take a Shot - Nothing tried, nothing done. Every day holds a new opportunity.
- Be Realistic - If you set unrealistic goals for yourself, you may be setting yourself up for failure.
- Stay Strong - Stick with it. It will get better.
- Keep on Target - If you don’t see a change, try a new approach.
- Persist - No one said it was going to be easy. Keep going.
- Don’t Doubt - It will be worth it.
- Push Yourself - Don’t give up. You’re almost there.
Reblog to share.
Follow my blog for more #motivational infographics:)