Do-it-anywhere workout using a filled backpack. Perform the following circuit without backpack first, then perform it 3 times with backpack. (Be careful: your body has to adjust to the changes that the backpack makes in your center of gravity. Pay attention to how the weight shifts and how it affects your balance.)
10 exercises, 10 reps each:
1) Plié squat
2) Alternating forward lunes and twist
3) Hip thrust
4) One leg bridge on the right leg
5) One leg bridge on the left leg
6) Up and down plank
9) Lunge & kick on the right leg
10) Lunge & kick on the left leg
No gym, no excuse.
This looks like death but I want to do it.
Going to try to squeeze this is tonight!
Tonights Glute/Hamstring workout…
1) Warm up - stiff-leg deadlifts 3 x 20
2) Stiff-leg deadlifts - 3 x 8-12
3) Wide stance smith squats - 4 x 8-12 (tip: butt back, feet out infront)
4) Hamstring curls - 3 x 8-12 & drop set to failure
5 min abs routine, do each move for 1 min.
1- Triceps push-ups
2- Diamond push-ups
3- Pipe push-ups
4- One-arm side push-ups
5- Commando push-ups
6- Triceps dips
Mix in a bit of rope jumping and you get a great little circuit to help you tone your arms: fitnesstreats.com/2013/06/triceps-jump-rope-workout
Best Dance Workout DVDs!
- Dance Off the Inches: Cardio Hip Hop
- 10 Minute Solution: Hip Hop Dance Mix
- HIP HOP ABS Package - Fat Burning Cardio, Ab Sculpt, Total Body Burn, Secrets to Flat AbsBallroom:Latin:
- Crunch: Latin Rhythms
- Dance Fitness for Beginners with MaDonna Grimes: African Beat - Latin Heat
- Zumba Fitness
- Brazilian Dance Workout with Vanessa IsaacMisc:
Any more suggestions? Send them here
Amanda Russell’s One Minute Cardio Workout
Single Leg Hops (left)
Single Leg Hops (right)
Enjoy! Don’t forget to cool down and stretch. Watch the video (which includes more detail) HERE.
Holiday Winter Workout | Total Body
ROUTINE (Do this from beginning to end, 2-3 times, back to back)
Do each of these sets for 30 seconds. It’s not about reps just length so have a stop watch handy.
- Cross Arm with Kicks
- Backward Arm Circles
- Forward Arm Circles
- Bicep Curls
- Plank Row
- Tricep Push Ups (beyond painful)
- Flutter Kicks
BUTT BONUS ROUND!
Do 15 reps for each of the following on BOTH sides
- Booty Leg Raises
- Booty Leg Raises in front
- Booty Leg Bend crosses
- Backward Booty Circles
- Forward Booty Circles
Via Shameless Maya
No-equipment workout: shoulders, legs and core
This is a circuit of 10 exercises. Perform each exercise for 50 seconds with a 10-second break (use the free Gym Boss app; if you don’t want to use a timer, you can also perform each move for 10 to 12 reps instead):
1. In-and-outs on the right leg
2. In-and-outs on the left leg
3. Bear to squat
4. Low plank to high plank (both arms at the same time if possible; on your knees if too difficult)
5. Plank walkout with right leg up
6. Plank walkout with left leg up
7. Down dog knee-to-elbow, right leg up
8. Down dog knee-to-elbow, left leg up
9. Bridge-up (substitute with a glute bridge if this move is too difficult)
10. Dancing crab
(Exercise descriptions on www.fitnesstreats.com/2013/03/bodyweight-workout-shoulders-legs-and-core-but-without-push-ups)
Repeat circuit for a total of 3 rounds!