Do-it-anywhere workout using a filled backpack. Perform the following circuit without backpack first, then perform it 3 times with backpack. (Be careful: your body has to adjust to the changes that the backpack makes in your center of gravity. Pay attention to how the weight shifts and how it affects your balance.)
10 exercises, 10 reps each:
1) Plié squat
2) Alternating forward lunes and twist
3) Hip thrust
4) One leg bridge on the right leg
5) One leg bridge on the left leg
6) Up and down plank
9) Lunge & kick on the right leg
10) Lunge & kick on the left leg
No gym, no excuse.
This looks like death but I want to do it.
Going to try to squeeze this is tonight!
Tonights Glute/Hamstring workout…
1) Warm up - stiff-leg deadlifts 3 x 20
2) Stiff-leg deadlifts - 3 x 8-12
3) Wide stance smith squats - 4 x 8-12 (tip: butt back, feet out infront)
4) Hamstring curls - 3 x 8-12 & drop set to failure
5 min abs routine, do each move for 1 min.
1- Triceps push-ups
2- Diamond push-ups
3- Pipe push-ups
4- One-arm side push-ups
5- Commando push-ups
6- Triceps dips
Mix in a bit of rope jumping and you get a great little circuit to help you tone your arms: fitnesstreats.com/2013/06/triceps-jump-rope-workout
Best Dance Workout DVDs!
- Dance Off the Inches: Cardio Hip Hop
- 10 Minute Solution: Hip Hop Dance Mix
- HIP HOP ABS Package - Fat Burning Cardio, Ab Sculpt, Total Body Burn, Secrets to Flat AbsBallroom:Latin:
- Crunch: Latin Rhythms
- Dance Fitness for Beginners with MaDonna Grimes: African Beat - Latin Heat
- Zumba Fitness
- Brazilian Dance Workout with Vanessa IsaacMisc:
Any more suggestions? Send them here
Amanda Russell’s One Minute Cardio Workout
Single Leg Hops (left)
Single Leg Hops (right)
Enjoy! Don’t forget to cool down and stretch. Watch the video (which includes more detail) HERE.